I consider myself very lucky to be a conference presenter. I get to travel the country, meet great people and learn new things.
Conference and site presenting makes up the majority lesliefisher.com. I present at 20 to 30 conferences annually.
Site presenting? Yes! I also head out to schools and districts for presentations and training.
I find out about conference opportunities mainly from you my adorable fun loving customers, so, if you know of a conference where my learning antics might fit in, let me know.
Who Has Seen Me?
I specialize in K-12 conferences but can easily present elsewhere if you want. I present at every ISTE and have been named an ISTE Top 20 Presenter, MACUL, ITEC, NCCE, TCEA, FETC, LACUE, ICE, NcTIES and many more.
Adobe will also hire to me present at their larger educational conferences providing pre conference presentations, conference presentations and large theatre booth presentations.
My Presentation Style / Goals
- If it's technical, show it, and make it easy to understand.
- Never assume the audience understands the topic. Ask. Eye contact will tell you if they understand.
- Back your demonstrations and topics with resources available on the Internet.
- Audience participation is key. Listen to the question, repeat it, answer it and make sure the answer makes sense to the person asking the question.
- Have fun, make the audience laugh.